Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

What about EDM310?

   Before I began EDM310, I had heard very little about the course except that it required a great deal of your time and effort, there were numerous amounts of assignments that were assigned for us to complete, and the best time to take this class was during the summer when you actually had more time to dedicate to your classes. I also heard that it was technology-based, and it taught very important and useful skills for once you became a classroom teacher. I honestly do not have many, if any, fears about this course. The only thing would be becoming overwhelmed because of letting my assignments pile up. This course is definitely different from other courses I have taken in my college career. I am a math education major, so I have taken mainly math classes for the past two years. This past fall and spring I took six math classes and only three non-math courses. Being in a class that uses online programs for the large majority of the coursework is a large difference from my usual courses.

   The most difficult thing for me in this course will probably be collaborating assignments with group members. I am a huge advocate for group learning; however, I am always growing as a learner, and learning to work in a group is one thing that I am always working to be better at. The questions about EDM310 that I still have is exactly how in-depth the assignments are. How much research will be required to perform exemplary work in this course? Are we going to be creating lessons that integrate the programs we have been using ourselves with common core standards that our students will be required to learn? How am I going to adapt these skills to lessons I would be teaching in a high school math classroom? The best way to address answering these questions would be to read more into the assignment and project manuals, and to do my own research into how other teachers have implemented technology in their own math classrooms.
animated child-aged learners smiling with the words 'play, learn, and grow together'.

No comments:

Post a Comment